Position Summary: The Personal Account Manager is responsible for the day-to-day service and management of a personal insurance book of business. The Personal Account Manager is a reliable contributor to the Agency, as well as a consistent performer with a positive work ethic and continuous pursuit of professional development. This position is expected to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive phone calls and assist office visitors requesting changes to existing coverage and/or new policies
• Determine acceptability and placement, complete applications or endorsement requests and collect premium when applicable
• Provide advice and options regarding insurance coverage selection
• Prepare and present insurance proposal to external clients
• Analyze client accounts to determine if additional lines of business should be advised
• Process policy changes
• Process mail received/return mail, underwriting requests to avoid cancellation, cancellations, etc.
• Manage and process cost estimators
• Review and analyze reports retrieved from agency management system for expirations, cancellations, renewals, etc.
• Stay up-to-date with all new market changes
• Market renewals for competitive price and coverage, including re-market of non-renewals
• Sell new business for auto, home, flood, umbrella, boats, etc.
• Service account renewals for market changes
• Florida insurance 2-20 license
• Bachelors degree preferred
• Thorough understanding of personal insurance underwriting and coverage
• Minimum 5 years personal insurance experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Working knowledge of AMS360 management system a plus
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills necessary
• Ability to maintain and organize electronic files within the agency management system
• Highly effective team player